Self-Paced Beginner Biomechanics Course
A 4-week course designed to build the foundation of your skillset to improve human movement & performance
Who is it for?
Anyone who is interested in gaining a fundamental understanding of:
How the body works: Anatomy & Biomechanics
How to assess the body to find limitations & determine what needs to be addressed
Creating a logical program & progression for improving movement, posture & performance in the gym
People who want to use this knowledge as a stepping-stone for the 12-Week Biomechanics Course.
Whether you are a Personal Trainer, or just a regular person trying to understand your own body better, this course requires zero previous knowledge of anatomy or physiology!
"After the first hour with Conor, I felt tremendously better. I feel confident in my movement for the first time in years.
- Alan, former client
What You'll Learn
This course will give you the tools to:
- Learn the fundamental concepts of biomechanics of human movement that will build you a foundation for improving function & performance
- Learn objective assessments for identifying dysfunctional patterns
- Learn how to pick specific exercises that will target the root cause of movement and postural dysfunction
- Create a program and progressions of exercises that will help you pick interventions in a logical order that are best suited for the individual's needs
Presentations that build on each other sequentially for ease of learning. Each presentation comes with slides and additional reading materials.
Weekly Review & Practical Application Sessions
Q&A sessions where we will answer any questions and discuss the study guide.
Practical Application Sessions:
Sessions where we focus entirely on applying the assessments and exercises so you feel confident in your ability to apply the material.
All materials and videos are yours forever so you can keep referencing them as you improve your understanding and practical application of the concepts.
Exercise Library & Programs
I don’t expect you to just take the principles and immediately know what to do. That takes hours and years of reps with clients. I give you step-by-step processes with an exercise library of very detailed videos to help you build your own programs.
Internship Coordinator & Coach at Cressey Sports Performance
"Conor’s biomechanics course has been a game changer for my learning and teaching! I’ve had a lot of mentors who’ve used similar principles as their foundation for assessing, programming and coaching but there has always been a missing link between performance and health. Conor’s ability to bridge the gap between performance and health in that perspective makes incorporating these exercises and principles on our training floor so much easier and simple!"
Visual & Practical Learning
Despite this being an online course, I prioritize visual explanations through various models to help guide your understanding. There is also extensive hands-on work as I guide you through coaching and cueing both assessments and exercises.
What is the difference between this course and the Main 12-Week course?
The beginner program is not necessary in order to participate in the main program.
The beginner program is for you if:
- You have less than 5 experience as a trainer or practitioner
- You do not have a degree in Exercise Science or a related field
- You're looking for a digestable, yet highly useful model on joint mechanics, muscle function, and improving movement quality
- You want to develop a foundation of principles before attending the main program
Week 1: Lower Body Biomechanics
Week 2: Upper Body Biomechanics
Week 3: Assessments & Compensatory Patterns
Week 4: Programming Strategies
Paul Fabritz (@pjfperformance)
NBA Strength & Conditioning Coach
"Conor's knowledge of biomechanics is next level...After a couple of weeks of training I felt amazing!"